|(Albergaria forest, Gerês, Portugal)|
I felt very inspired to start my own blog after reading this post, at 'Becoming Minimalist'.
I must confess that I was quite impulsive when I decided to write this first post, and so I’m still not very clear about the orientation I will give to my ‘newborn-blog’.
I guess I’ll start with a small presentation:
- I’m a 28 years old Portuguese woman, living in Portugal, and you can call me Mopsa.
- Lately I’ve been very inspired by the simplicity/minimalism life ‘philosophy’, and I’ve been attentively following some wonderful blogs on the subject (as the one I indicated above), which I’ll certainly refer to in future posts.
- Paradoxically, my current situation is not very inspiring… I’m trying to finish my engineering PhD, without a scholarship (my scholarship ended last year) and, due to this not very inspiring situation, I’m back living with my parents… Oddly enough, I intend to change my career path afterwards, because engineering has been a sad mistake.
- I’ll try to be as honest as possible, so I’ll just say it – I’m (moderately) depressed, which does not help in speeding up the ‘finishing-the-PhD’ process.
- I love sewing, as a hobby, and I have a very small shop at Etsy, which I’ll probably introduce later.
So maybe I would like this blog to have a certain therapeutic function, grounded in the principles of simplicity and honesty. And I would love if this sharing might have just a tiny positive effect in anyone who, by chance, happens to read some of my words :)