Jan 9, 2013

Liebster Award

"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."


This Sunday, while reading through Just a Little Less, I was happily surprised to see my blog's name on Claire's list of Liebster awards. Thank you Claire!

Ok, let's start with 11 random facts about myself (this shouldn't be difficult)...

1 - I'm a very tall woman (at least considering the Portuguese standard). I'm 1.78m high.
2 - Sometimes I get urges to delete my blog, due to insecurity (but luckily these urges don't last long).
3 - I like Globo Brazilian soap operas ('telenovelas'). I don't indulge in them, but once in a while I find myself gazing at the TV screen, absorbed in the characters drama.
4 - I love to sing. From 10 to 12 I was even part of a choir, but I dreaded the stage. Nowadays you can find me singing in the house when I'm feeling happy/peaceful. My mother likes it, my sister not so much!
5 - I (very frequently) cry at movies. I try my best to be discrete though.
6 - I'm very interested in the thematic/possibility of reincarnation.
7 - My current favorite TV Series include 'True Blood' and 'The Walking Dead'. Yeah, I'm that original :P But they're great! At least for anyone who enjoys fantasy/apocalyptic genres.
8 - I lived all my life without cable TV (my parents finally adhered to it a few months ago, but I ignore it - I mostly watch everything on my laptop).
9 - I was 'raised' in a Baptist church. In my early twenties I even taught children there, but then I left.
10 - I pray (almost) every night, even though I'm in a somewhat confused spiritual place right now.
11 - I want to write a book, one day.

Now let me answer Claire's 11 questions (this should be more difficult)...

1. If you could live in another decade which would it be?
Perhaps the 20s. I like the aesthetics.

2. Who is your style icon?
Honestly, I don't think I have one. But I admire, for example, Sandra Juto's style.

3. What's your favourite city?
This one is simple. Aveiro! No better city than home. Some publicity: you can easily walk or cycle; it's near the ocean; it's trimmed by the numerous Ria canals; it has many Art Nouveau buildings; it has the most beautiful University campus of Portugal; etc. ;)

4. Kindle or real book?
I know I should say 'real book', without hesitation. But my answer is Kindle! My sister says I treat my Kindle as if it were my baby. "Be careful with my Kindle!" - I shout.

5. What are you scared of?
My greatest fear is that human existence is a fruit of chance, and that, ultimately, there's no meaning, and our souls die when our bodies die. 

6. What's your favourite item of clothing?
Presently, my favorite item of clothing is a violet scarf. I'm sad because it is wearing out, due to so much use.

7. What's your musical guilty pleasure?
Kizomba. One or two specific songs!

8. Lennon or McCartney?
None.

9. If you could be an animal which one would it be?
Seagull!

10. What's your favourite mode of transport?
Train.

11. Do you text with one hand or two?
One!

Now it's my turn to pass the award to 11 blogs. Here they are:

These are blogs with varied themes (simplicity, minimalism, tiny housing, art, mental health - and life, in general). I read them all eagerly! For more great blogs, please check my sidebar.

By the way, I'm not sure if all these blogs are under 300 followers... Please forgive me if I made any mistake.

And now... My 11 questions (quite randomly organized):

1- Are you a morning person or an evening person?
2- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
3- What is your greatest fear?
4- If you could go back in time and change just one thing, what would it be?
5- What was the last book you read?
6- What was the last movie you watched?
7- What is your most important project in the near future? 
8- What are you thankful for today?
9- What is your ideal work situation: self-employed or working for someone else?
10- Do you cry easily?
11- What is your first memory from childhood?

Thanks in advance to all the nominated bloggers. And thanks again, Claire!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've passed it on to your blog, too. But you don't have to participate in the chain if you don't wish to, of course.

      Delete
  2. Great answers and questions Mopsa and some cool blog choices too. Reading this makes me realise how happy I am to have met you via blogging xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you so much Claire! I'm happy to have met you too :)

      Delete
  3. Great post Mopsa, and thank you so much for the nomination! will be checking our your other nominations too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. And it's a well deserved nomination! :)

      Delete
  4. #5 - I've thought of this, too, even though I've had personal experiences that reveal otherwise. It is a frightening thought, although if it were true we wouldn't even know about it. :p

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. We wouldn't even know about it... But truly, I need to believe there's some kind of meaning :|
      And it's nice to know you've had experiences that revealed differently ;)


      Delete