Jan 17, 2013

Project 333 - I'm in!


I've decided to try Project 333 (created by Courtney Carver) for the following 2 and a half months, after being inspired by the examples given by other lovely bloggers.

I started by making a quick inventory of all the clothes that I'm using this season (including the ones that I rarely use). Then I marked the items that I like the most and that I use frequently. I was very surprised to see that the number of these frequently used items is way below 33. Great! So (hopefully) this won't be difficult.

I then composed a list of 33 items, carefully selected and including the ones I had previously marked. Afterwards I put all the other clothes out of sight. Phew! My wardrobe immediately looked simpler and, more important, easier to deal with.

And now I'm sharing my 33 items:



Some notes about my choices:

- As you can see, I'm really spared when it comes to dressing up my legs: 3 jeans, only. In winter I just can't make myself wear skirts and/or leggings - I'm too cold!
- As may also be evident, I like scarves. They manage to keep me warm and, simultaneously, to brighten up my outfit.
- I also like bags! But 3 bags seems fair enough. The first black one is smaller and is only for special occasions. The other two I'll rotate as I please.
- I only included one pair of simple earrings - because, honestly, and even thought I like the idea of beautiful jewelry, I rarely use it.
- With this exercise I realized that my winter wardrobe is perhaps darker than I would like to be. Which means that in future purchases (which won't happen soon) I'll be looking for additions with happier colors!

And finally, some possible combinations:



Have you tried Project 333? How has it worked for you?


As for me... Project 333, here I go! ;)

14 comments:

  1. I like your teal tops and pretty scarves. I'm currently reassessing my winter wardrobe and have pared it down after doing this project for a month. I think you can learn a lot from it. I'm going to do a spring/summer run of Project 333 in April to evaluate my spring/summer clothes, Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this is an exercise that can teach us a lot. And it's great that it helped you pare down your winter wardrobe :)
      I have the advantage of working from home, so I really don't need much clothing.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! How awesome that you had less than 33 to begin with. most of us start out with hundreds (me=140 total)! I'm doing Project 333 from now on, I think, and will hopefully get down to having only items that I love and that are the most versatile. I'm so much happier with less clothing, and getting ready in the morning is so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had less than 33 frequently used items - but more, in total. But definitely not hundreds. I think I have a peculiar relationship with clothing, in that I've always felt guilty for spending money in extra clothes.
      But even with less than 100 items, this exercise is really great! It helps in organizing the wardrobe, and in understanding what's important and useful vs. what's just wasting our time in the mornings and cluttering our wardrobe.
      You were my initial inspiration for considering Project 333! Thank you ;P

      Delete
  3. I have seen this done on lots of blogs and it's such a great idea. It reminds me that I need a wardrobe clear-out! You've chosen some lovely things and your outfit combinations work really well. Good luck!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian, and thank you for stopping by :)

      I'm loving this exercise already. Picking my clothes is so much easier. I highly recommend it! :)

      Delete
  4. ooh now I am curious as to the combinations you will create. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily, I can create many different combinations! ;)

      Delete
  5. No cozy sweatpants or hoodies? I would need at least one of each.
    I'm curious to hear how it goes. I'm still chicken to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! In-home-lounge-sports-wear doesn't count ;P Of course I have those! (I confess I had to check 'hoodies' on google - such a cute new word.)

      Delete
  6. :) Very good idea! I also loved to try but the most probably would be pick a jersey of my closet in the half of the project....

    (peço desculpa às pessoas mais sensíveis pelo meu inglês tenebroso!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tita! How nice to see you here ;)

      You would have to hide the extra jerseys! :P

      (Não te preocupes, percebe-se muito bem e quanto mais comentares melhor fica o teu inglês. Portanto, toca a praticar a arte do comentário ;P)

      Delete
  7. Ooooh challenging! But it sounds like fun!!

    Morgan @ PDB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan :)

      You're right - it's challenging and fun! But most important, it highly simplifies my dressing routines and my closet ;)

      Delete