I've decided to try Project 333 (created by Courtney Carver) for the following 2 and a half months, after being inspired by the examples given by other lovely bloggers.
I started by making a quick inventory of all the clothes that I'm using this season (including the ones that I rarely use). Then I marked the items that I like the most and that I use frequently. I was very surprised to see that the number of these frequently used items is way below 33. Great! So (hopefully) this won't be difficult.
I then composed a list of 33 items, carefully selected and including the ones I had previously marked. Afterwards I put all the other clothes out of sight. Phew! My wardrobe immediately looked simpler and, more important, easier to deal with.
And now I'm sharing my 33 items:
Some notes about my choices:
- As you can see, I'm really spared when it comes to dressing up my legs: 3 jeans, only. In winter I just can't make myself wear skirts and/or leggings - I'm too cold!
- As may also be evident, I like scarves. They manage to keep me warm and, simultaneously, to brighten up my outfit.
- I also like bags! But 3 bags seems fair enough. The first black one is smaller and is only for special occasions. The other two I'll rotate as I please.
- I only included one pair of simple earrings - because, honestly, and even thought I like the idea of beautiful jewelry, I rarely use it.
- With this exercise I realized that my winter wardrobe is perhaps darker than I would like to be. Which means that in future purchases (which won't happen soon) I'll be looking for additions with happier colors!
And finally, some possible combinations:
Have you tried Project 333? How has it worked for you?
As for me... Project 333, here I go! ;)