Feb 12, 2013

Mini decluttering challenges


I confess. I've been procrastinating a little bit on posting here. I started writing a review of a book I read recently, but it got very complicated as I wanted to capture ALL the important concepts of the book. It was getting long and I wasn't even at the middle of the book. I'm definitely not good at summarizing...

Anyway, I may eventually finish (and simplify) the review.

For today I just wanted to share that I've started a new challenge for myself. As I've said before, I'm slowly decluttering my physical environment. I just have to put something away each day. Anything! It may be something as simple as a piece of paper. To motivate myself I'm now taking an initial picture of a (very) small space: like a shelf. Then I slowly focus on that space, until it looks good (i.e. clean, uncluttered and organized). When I'm finished I'll take a final picture and I'll share the 'before' and 'after' here on the blog. I'm calling these my "Mini decluttering challenges". The first small space is almost-almost finished. Here's the initial photo:


Ugly, right?


See you soon! I promise I'll come back with a neater shelf  ;)



4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea - to just focus on one tiny space at a time. Big spaces are so overwhelming!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! :) Yes, big spaces are overwhelming! If I think about decluttering a big space full of stuff all I want is to lay down and sleep :D This way is way easier.

      Delete
  2. This reminds me, I need to do some rearranging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh eh :P And nice to 'see' you here!

      Delete