Apr 11, 2013

Project 333 - Extending season 1


I've been trying Project 333 since the beginning of the year. Now I was supposed to create another selection of 33 items for April, May and June. The thing is - it's still cold and windy and rainy! So I decided to stick with my selection for another month (i.e., April).

But how have I been doing with Project 333? I'm sure you're curious so I'll talk a little bit about it.

Well, it's been surprisingly easy and refreshing! Every day I pick my clothes much faster and everything fits right as I'm no longer forcing myself to wear the clothes I don't really like. Still, sometimes I get a bit tired of my same old clothes... But then I remind myself that adaptation is normal and that it also happened when I had a larger array of options. When I feel this way I try to be creative and arrange different clothing combinations ;)

I've cheated a bit when it comes to jewelry, as I wore three more items:


In my next selection I'll be sure to include more jewelry. I allowed myself this because there were items I was rarely or never using. So this month I'm trading the rarely used items for the three jewelry pieces.

By the way, some of my most loved and used items have been:


When April ends I'll select 33 pieces for May and June. I can't wait for warmer days!


Have you tried Project 333? I'd love to hear about your experience.

See you soon :)


4 comments:

  1. I've also been on the project 333 since January, but I still haven't created another selection of 33 items because of the weather! It is still winter here in Portugal! So I guess I'm doing a new project "334": 33 items in 4 months ehehe So far, so good! For instance, today, I'm using a completely different outfit! I was creative and did a new combination of items that I've used many many times. Isn't that amazing? This really pushes our creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana!

      Yep, I'm also doing project '334' :P And you're right - this really pushes our creativity.

      Thanks for sharing your experience :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mopsa. My experience was very similar to yours when I did this project during December/January. I will restart this project soon when it warms up in the UK - hope is on the horizon. I won't be counting jewellery next time as it did limit me too much. The main thing I have learnt is that I value space and organisation over choice of clothes and that fit, quality and versatility are the most important things for me when considering new wardrobe purchases.Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire :)

      I'm also eager for warmer days. I'm already picking fresher clothes ;)
      You synthesized very well the advantages associated with project 333. Those are all things that I also value a lot!

      Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete