Oct 11, 2013

Commitment + pictures of a sunny afternoon


My blog turned one on August 30, and I turned thirty on October 1 (thirty... how did that happen?...).

As you may have noticed I've been procrastinating about writing in the blog in the last few months. I think my resistance is, in part, a result of feeling like I actually don't have anything useful to say. My current life situation is not exactly inspiring...

But I also know that this is just that inner voice speaking, whose main job in life is to nag, criticize and roll its eyes on everything I do or contemplate doing. The truth is, I want to write and I don't want to let this blog die. And I know that there's a part of me that may actually have something important or useful to say.

I'm not very good with commitments, but I feel that a commitment can help here. So, my dear readers, I'm committing to posting at least once a week. It can be just a picture, or a sentence about the weather, but I'll post something.

And, to cheer things up a little bit, I'm sharing some pictures I took yesterday. I've been spending a lot of time in my room working in front of the computer. So yesterday afternoon I decided to catch some fresh air in the garden and backyard. It was a sunny and comforting afternoon...



Be well, and see you soon :)


4 comments:

  1. Maybe your soul is just percolating some new and profound stuff. That can't be rushed, you know. : )

    Looking forward to seeing your weekly updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley :) Maybe...

      (Loved the word "percolating".)


      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. nothing like warm bright colours to nourish our soul when the winter is arriving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabel :) You're right! I'm happy you enjoyed the pictures.

      Delete