It's been almost two months since I last wrote here. I made a commitment to write more, but instead I disappeared. I don't have a perfect justification, so I'll just apologize to those who may still read these words.
So, what have I been up to?
- I've been writing daily on my new Portuguese blog, since I turned 30 (it's kind of a journal / diary). It's been an interesting and therapeutic challenge and I haven't missed a day so far which, to me, is an amazing feat!
- I haven't finished my PhD yet... But I'm working more than ever and I'm feeling the end getting closer. It's been a hell of a journey and sometimes I still wonder if I'll really get to the end. But I will. I know I will.
- Since money has been short, I've been living more frugal than ever, and it's been OK.
- I'm still doing Project 333, even if not in a very methodical way. I can't remember the last time I bought a piece of clothing (it must have been more than a year and a half ago), and I still feel I have too many clothes.
- I've read some great books lately. Some of my favorites are:
> The Mind and the Brain
> Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
> Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found (I'm finishing this one)
- I'm more and more in love with tiny houses (like this one!).
- I still struggle with my old depression symptoms, but I've been using several strategies that are helping, such as:
> Exercising regularly
> Getting enough sleep
> Doing mindfulness exercises
> Savoring the present and the tiny pleasures
Things are far from perfect. Objectively, I'm this thirty year old woman without a job, living at her parents' home. I struggle with shame and lack of motivation almost every day, but I decided not to give up on myself. I'm doing everything I can and know to keep going.
It's been good to write here again.
Be well :)